Health Insurance Plans Accepted by Harvard Vanguard
Harvard Vanguard accepts most health insurance plans and most indemnity and Medigap plans. (For Behavioral Health services, please verify with your health insurance company that Harvard Vanguard is in your network before scheduling an appointment.)
Please note that the insurance plans listed below are independent of Harvard Vanguard. If you have questions on your individual insurance plan (what it covers, what your benefits are, etc.) please contact your insurance company at the member services number on your health insurance card.
If you have questions about whether or not your insurance plan is accepted by Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, call 1-800-249-1767. We may not accept every product from these insurance plans listed below. Please check with us to confirm participation.
Please note: We do not accept Aetna Medicare Open Medicare Private Fee-for-Service Plan and are out-of-network for Aetna Golden Choice Medicare PPO.
Please note: We do not accept Medicare HMO Blue and are out-of-network for Medicare PPO Blue.
- Accepting CCA for OneCare only (dually eligible, Medicare & MassHealth, for patients ages 21 - 64 years)
Please note: We do not accept Commonwealth Care Alliance Senior Care Options (SCO).
Community Care Network (part of Coventry Health Care)
Please note: We do not accept Coventry Advantra Freedom (Medicare PFFS plan).
Please note: We do not accept Fallon Direct Care, Fallon CarePlus or Fallon Senior Plans.
FirstHealth (part of Coventry Health Care)
- Choice Plus PPO
- Options PPO
- Focus Plans (HMO and PPO)
- Primary Choice HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim/United Healthcare Passport Connect
- Medicare Enhance
Please note: We do not accept HPHC Stride (Medicare Advantage HMO). Also, while Harvard Vanguard participates in HPHC Primary Choice HMO (GIC) and HPHC Focus Plans, not all non-Harvard Vanguard preferred specialists or hospitals are in these networks.
HealthCare Value Management (part of Coventry Health Care)
Harvard Vanguard accepts the following Medicare Supplement Plans:
- AARP/United Health Care
- Tufts Medicare Supplement
- Tufts Medicare Complement
- Tufts Medicare Preferred Supplement
- Managed Blue for Seniors
- Harvard Pilgrim Medicare Enhance
Please call 1-800-249-1767 to check if we accept your Medicare supplement if it is not listed above.
Member ID cards will include one of the following product names:
- NHP Connect (MassHealth)
- NHP Prime HMO (Commercial)
- NHP Prime HMO (Health Connector)
- NHPCare (GIC)
- NHP Prime PPO (cobranded with PHCS)
Private Healthcare Systems (Part of MultiPlan)
- CareLink plans
- Tufts Total Health Plan
- Tufts Medicare Complement
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO (1-800-867-2000)
- Tufts Health Plan Select Network
- Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options (SCO).
Please note: Harvard Vanguard does not participate in Tufts Health Plan Spirit EPO (GIC) product or any Tufts Health Plan Public Plans (formerly known as Tufts Health Plan - Network Health, and includes the following products: Together, Direct, Unity and Forward). Also, while Harvard Vanguard participates in Tufts Health Plan Select Network, not all non-Harvard Vanguard preferred specialists or hospitals are in this network.
- Basic (with and without CIC)
- Community Choice
- Medicare Extension/OME
Please note: We do not accept AARP/United Health Care/Secure Horizons Medicare Advantage HMO or PFFS (Private Fee-for-Service) plans and we do not accept United Health Care Special Needs Plans (PPO SNP). We are out-of-network for AARP/United Health Care/Secure Horizons Medicare Advantage PPO and POS plans.
Additional Insurance Information:
- We are out-of-network for the following MassHealth Managed Care Plans:
- Boston Medical Center (BMC) HealthNet
- MassHealth Primary Care Clinician Plan (specialty visits with a valid referral from your non-Harvard Vanguard PCP only)
- Minuteman Health
- Tufts Health Plan/Public Plans (formerly Network health)
- We are out-of-network for ALL out-of-state Medicaid plans