Employee Benefit Overview
Harvard Vanguard Medical Associate's benefits are comprehensive, flexible and among the best in the marketplace.
Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates offers you and your eligible dependents a choice of three health plans:
- BCBS Network Blue New England Value HMO
- BCBS Network Blue New England HMO
- BCBS Network Blue New England POS
and four coverage categories:
- Individual & Spouse
- Individual & Child(ren)
- Individual & Family
Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates offers you and your eligible dependents a dental plan administered by Delta Dental of Massachusetts. Benefits are provided both in-network and out-of-network. Orthodontia is included for all eligible participants.
Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates offers you the opportunity to make tax-deferred contributions to the PRISM 401(k) plan as soon as you are eligible. You can contribute up to 75% of your eligible wages. You are 100% vested immediately.
Upon completion of one year of service, you will automatically be eligible for an employer contribution called PRISM Basic Plus. You will receive a contribution from the company each pay period equal to 4% of your eligible wages. You will be 100% vested immediately.
After one year of service, you are also eligible to receive a match of 100% of your contributions, up to 4%. This is the PRISM 401(k) Match. This amount is subject to a four-year vesting schedule.
Reimbursement accounts allow you to pay for eligible expenses using pretax dollars set aside through payroll deductions. There are two accounts available:
- Health Care Reimbursement (HCRA) - this plan allows you to contribute up to $2,500 per year for out-of-pocket health and dental expenses not covered by a group plan. Debit cards add to the convenience.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement (DCRA) - this plan allows you to contribute up to $2,500 per year for eligible dependent care expenses.
Life Insurance Plan
You are eligible for Life Insurance and AD&D at no cost to you:
- Basic Life - Harvard Vanguard provides life insurance equal to two times your annual salary.
- AD&D - Harvard Vanguard provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance equal to two times your annual salary.
Voluntary Life Insurance Plans
You are eligible to purchase additional life insurance under the following voluntary plans:
- Supplemental Life Insurance - you can purchase 1, 2, or 3 times your annual salary for yourself.
- Spouse Life Insurance - you can purchase $25,000, $50,000, $75,000, or $100,000 of coverage on your spouse.
- Dependent Children Life Insurance - you can purchase $2,500 or $5,000 of coverage on your eligible dependent children.
Disability benefits are provided at no cost to you. Eligible employees will be entitled to Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability. These plans will provide up to 60% of your basic monthly earnings once you qualify for the benefit. Eligible employees may elect to receive a tax-free long-term disability benefit.
Harvard Vanguard offers tuition assistance of up to $5,000 per calendar year paid at 80% of qualified expenses depending upon your eligibility. Up to four courses per year may be covered, and they must be part of your career development plan.
Additional Employee Benefits
10 major holidays
- Paid Time Off After
3 months of employment you may qualify for Paid Time Off benefits, which includes Earned Time and Extended Sick Leave.
- Leaves of Absence
Leaves for bereavement, jury duty, military service, FMLA and non-FMLA reasons are available.
- Work Related HIV Benefit Plan
The plan provides financial assistance should you become HIV positive as a result of a work-related incident.
- T-Pass Subsidy
Eligible employees are entitled to a monthly subsidy.
- Long Term Care (LTC)
The plan provides income if you are in a nursing home or need custodial care. In most cases, the coverage is partially subsidized by Harvard Vanguard.
Other ways you benefit with Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discount Group Home and Auto Insurance
- Work/life resources
- Adoption assistance
- Mortgage referral service
- Direct deposit
- Credit unions
- Subsidized Emergency Child Care and Adult Care
- Wellness programs
- Discount programs
- movie tickets
- theater tickets
- other events
- seasonal offerings