Harvard Vanguard Health Services for Wentworth Students
Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services is located at Mass College of Art, 578 Huntington Ave., Second Floor. Please review the information below and feel free to contact Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services at 617-879-5220 if you have any questions.
Harvard Vanguard is a multi-specialty physician group renowned for the quality of their care and affiliations with leading Boston hospitals. Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services provides primary medical care services on the Mass College of Art campus, 578 Huntington Ave., Second Floor. Students can also access medical care at Harvard Vanguard’s Kenmore practice located less than a mile from campus at 133 Brookline Avenue. Harvard Vanguard Kenmore offers primary and specialty care, as well as imaging, lab and pharmacy in one convenient location.
Primary care services: Harvard Vanguard offers a broad range of primary care medical services to Wentworth students including basic physical exams, management of acute and chronic illness (e.g. asthma), care of sports-related injuries, academic and sports clearance, diagnosis and treatment of STD’s, as well as gynecologic services.
Specialty and diagnostic services: Harvard Vanguard also offers a broad range of specialty and diagnostic services at the Kenmore practice including specialty medical services, surgical services, dental services, visual services and eyeglasses, mental health services, and diagnostic services (e.g. MRI and CT).
Information for Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services patients:
- Our arrangement with Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services uses an insurance-based model. Harvard Vanguard will bill students’ insurance plans for all services rendered. Students must present their student identification cards and also their health insurance cards at every appointment, just as they do when accessing their physicians at home.
- Wentworth will pay for any co-payments, co-insurance or deductibles due for the primary care services listed above after the student’s insurance plan has been billed. Students will not be responsible for co-payments, co-insurance or deductibles due for the primary care services.
- However co-payments, co-insurance or deductibles may be due for the specialty and diagnostic services listed above, as outlined in students’ insurance plans. Wentworth does not cover any part of specialty or diagnostic services for students.
- The insurance subscriber or policy holder (typically a parent or guardian) may receive, via mail, an “Explanation of Benefits” (EOB) document from the insurance company after a student’s visit. While EOBs do not include medical diagnoses, they may include codes for procedures and services rendered.
- We encourage you to review the list of health insurance plans accepted by Harvard Vanguard so that you can ensure that your insurance plan will provide coverage in the event specialty or diagnostic services are needed at Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services.
Making an Appointment or Contacting Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services
Both scheduled and walk-in appointments are available at Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services. Students will need to register as a Harvard Vanguard patient by calling 1-800-249-1767. Once registered, students can call that same number to schedule an appointment. Students should bring both their student ID and insurance cards when checking in.
Summer hours of operation and check-in locationsHarvard Vanguard Student Health Services
Mass College of Art, 578 Huntington Ave., Second Floor
Clinician Hours: Mon-Fri 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Phone Hours: Mon-Fri 12:00pm-5:00pm
Harvard Vanguard Kenmore practice
133 Brookline Ave, check-in on 4th floor
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Holidays 10 a.m. or 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
In the case of a life-threatening emergency, immediately contact Wentworth Office of Public Safety at 617-989-4444.