At Harvard Vanguard we have on-site pharmacies at 14 practice locations. For contact information, click "Locations" on the left. Our pharmacists are always available and here to help you with any questions you may have about your medications.
- Save a trip to an outside pharmacy. When your prescriptions are sent to a Harvard Vanguard pharmacy during your visit, you can pick them up at our pharmacy before you leave.
- Easy transfer of prescriptions from other pharmacies. Let us know the details and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Mail service, from our pharmacies to your home, is available at no additional charge
- Filling prescriptions at Harvard Vanguard Pharmacies provides you with the convenience of receiving up to a 90 day supply of most medications depending upon your insurance coverage.
- Our pharmacies typically offer over the counter medications at significant savings.
- Your Harvard Vanguard electronic medical record links directly to our pharmacy computer system so your Harvard Vanguard clinician and pharmacist share accurate, up-to-the-minute information.
- Our computer systems automatically perform more than ten safety checks against your prescriptions.
- Our pharmacists can quickly contact your clinician should questions arise with your prescription.
Easy Refill Ordering
- Patients can order refills by calling the phone number on the prescription container - 24 hours a day…7 days a week.
- Patients can order refills securely, on-line
- Place your order - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Order in advance and your prescriptions will usually be ready upon your arrival.
Questions About Prescription Drug Coverage
If you have questions about your prescription drug coverage or pharmacy network, please call your health plan's Member Service Department directly:
- Aetna: 1-800-872-3862
- Cigna: 1-866-438-2446
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield: 1-800-821-1388
- Fallon Community Health Plan: 1-800-868-5200
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care: 1-800-676-2769
- Neighborhood Health Plan: 1-800-462-5449
- Tufts Health Plan: 1-800-462-0224
- Tufts Medicare Preferred: 1-800-528-3818
Questions About Medications
If you have questions about the medications you use, please discuss these with your clinician or pharmacist.